Isha's Welcome !

Hello Everyone!

My name is Isha Shah, and I am a freshman at UC Berkeley studying Bioengineering and Public Policy! I will be one of your vice-chairs for the BMUN World Health Organization Committee and am so excited to interact with all of you. So, a bit about me!

I am from Toronto, Canada (yes, the 6ix), and am loving sunny, beautiful California! Aside from being roasted too much about saying "eh" and "sorrey", coming to Berkeley was my best decision yet.

Back home I was in various leadership positions with charity organizations like DoingWells, Change by YOUth, Every Child Now and the Oakville Memorial Hospital. Giving back to my community has always been very important to me, and is something I try to continue at Berkeley. Additionally, I played varsity soccer for four years, was an Artistic Director for Bollywood Dance, and was a Student Ambassador and Senator representing my school to the District School Board.

Transitioning to a new country, 2600 miles away was a big step for me, but I am so thankful and honoured to be part of the BMUN Team. Model UN was the first club I joined as a freshman in high school, and the first one at Berkeley, and is an activity very close to my heart! From being a delegate at various Canadian conferences to being the USG of Operations for the largest high school run Model UN Conference in Eastern Canada, I have learnt so much from these experiences, and can't wait to share my passion for global affairs and public advocacy with you.

I know preparing and coming to a large conference like BMUN can be a hectic task, however, feel free to reach out to me, and any members of the dias if you have any questions or concerns!

I am looking forward to meeting you all, and get hyped for BMUN 67 <3

Best,
Isha Shah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to WHO!

Children in Conflict zones

CRISPR babies are REAL - and scientists are creating them